Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Yard, Lawn, and Landscaping
1) Make it beautiful
The area surrounding your property is beautiful. Your landscaping can reflect the beauty of our area. If you do not enjoy the aesthetics of your yard, consult a landscaping company like Simple Life about what kind of projects you can take on to maximize the beauty available. Landscaping design projects
When the sun is not beating on your head, your backyard is a more friendly place to enjoy. It is less humid here than areas down east, so with the right amount of shade, you can enjoy your backyard all day. Use trees and landscaping, as well as umbrellas and canopies.
Add some color to your landscaping, deck, and yard. The right mix of annuals and perennials can give your backyard color throughout the spring and summer.
2) Keep up with the maintenance
You are far less likely to enjoy your yard if it begins to show signs of falling behind on maintenance. Here are some tips for lawn and landscape maintenance.
- Watch the weather: Your lawn and landscaping will get thirsty but be careful not to overwater, or water it just ahead of a heavy rain event or tropical storm. At the same time, do not neglect watering when it is hot and dry.
- Water smarter: Water in the early morning or late afternoon; rather than during the heat of the day, or your efforts will be less effective.
- Water thoroughly: When you water your lawn and landscaping, water less often but more effectively and thoroughly, making sure water can get to the roots.
- Consider irrigation: You can mitigate a lot of your watering troubles by installing an irrigation system.
- Mow on schedule: It will be better for the health of your lawn if you can mow on a schedule, rather than waiting until the grass or weeds have taken over.
3) Spruce up your patio and outdoor spaces
Patio pavers and natural stone walkways add an element of beauty and elegance to your outdoor spaces. You can combine them with an outdoor kitchen or fire pit, while you might consider retaining walls and a pond as well. If your yard is beautiful, you will be more likely to spend time in it.
4) Create shade with your landscaping projects
With lower humidity than the rest of North Carolina, if you can block the sun, there is seldom a time when it is too hot to be outside. Utilize your landscaping and outdoor space design to create shade in your yard.
5) Get outside
Just spend time outdoors.
- Go outside during the mornings and evenings when the temperature is cooler. In the mountains, we almost always have temperatures dip low enough to be comfortable when the sun is low.
- When you are relaxing, hang a hammock outdoors, rather than sitting on the couch inside. This will encourage your kids to get outside as well.
- Waterslides and sprinklers can help the kids stay cool while burning energy. If you have ensured plenty of shade, you can enjoy sitting outside while the kids have a blast. During the summer of 2020 when so many places are closed, this may be the best and only option for playing in the water this summer.
- Go camping in your backyard. Many campgrounds are still closed, but you can always pitch a tent or hammock camp in your backyard. This will encourage your family to see the space as something to use year-round.
6) Bring in the experts
There is more that can be done with your property than you may realize. Furthermore, if you invest a lot of time, energy, and money into your landscaping, you do not want to risk falling behind on maintenance. The expert team at Simple Life Landscaping is here to help for everything from design and installation to maintenance and management. If you are the Asheville or Hendersonville areas, give us a call. We can make sure you have a yard and landscaping you can enjoy throughout the summer and all year.